Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"everybody has won, and all must have prizes"

ah, here we are at the end of the 23 1/2 things. le sigh. i have really enjoyed this experience. as a person who is fairly "in the know" with computery techological sorts of stuff, i've had a lot of fun playing around and learning some new tricks. i feel pretty good about myself for finishing this project on time (as i know many people have not been able to keep up). and i think this was probably a great challenge to those who are not as familiar with said 23 1/2 things.
some of my favorite things were some of the graphic design 'things' like playing with flickr and making librarian trading cards and the image generator. other tools that we learned about i might not necessarily use, but i think its good to know what is out there. and to be able to recommend it to patrons if applicable.
i don't think there are any major improvements that need to be made with the program. maybe more incentive to continue reading other participants blogs? maybe more inter-participant participation? he he he he.
i would definitely do something like this again. it was a lot of fun and i definitely learned a few things to take away with me. and i won't lie. i like prizes. i cannot wait to get my $25 gift card. and (cross fingers) i hope i win the laptop! my laptop just died! maybe i can learn to love PCs again if i get a free laptop ... don't i deserve it? has my blog not been a true joy to read?

3 comments:

hood_and_hat said...

I wanted more participation among participants too. Perhaps we should have had a comment contest.

Good luck on winning the laptop.

Nice Guy said...

I want a gift certificate too, need it for Xmas... Where do I join?

More fun online graphics creating tools @ http://www.CustomSignGenerator.com

I am a Librarian Goddess! said...

i LOVE the idea of a comment contest. maybe i should get a prize for inspiring the idea of a comment contest.